Momma Said for February 18, 2014
I hope everyone has gotten shoveled out from the latest round of snow storms. I can’t remember a winter where we had so many storms, that the weather service has started naming them. It is crazy weather when it is 29 degrees here and 60 degrees in Russia at the WINTER Olympics not the Summer games.
I saw cross country skiers shushing along in tank tops and short sleeves. Something is wrong with that picture. I was sorry to see Shawn White not get his third gold medal but the rest of Team USA is looking pretty good in the medal standings.
I am very proud of our young people for the effort they have put into their training and the results are paying off in gold, silver and bronze. Momma Said, “They are doing our country proud and they will have memories of a lifetime.”
Everyone needs to find a place to snuggle down and keep warm. Actually, after that Arctic Blast we got a few weeks ago, this weather doesn’t feel so bad. The snow is making travel a bit of a bugger, but it won’t last much longer. Spring is just around the corner and soon the flowers will be peeking through the ground and everything will re renewed.
Speaking of keeping warm, here is a recipe that will do just that. It is great for get-togethers or just for a snack while watching a movie with the family. Momma Said, “Grab a cracker and dig in.”
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
- 2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4-6 jalapenos, chopped and deseeded. The seeds will make it fiery hot.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 1 cup crushed crackers (Ritz are the best)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl stirring well.
- Transfer to an oven proof bowl. A dish or pie plate about 12 inches across is best.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.