Moss Ford Bridge
This photo is of the Moss Ford Bridge know prior as Job’s Ford. It was printed by Broadwater’s Art Shop Thomas and is postmarked June 23, 1908. The bridge is named after Mr. E. M. Moss who was married to Virginia Long. The bridge was located at Holly Meadows. Job’s Ford was the location that Garnett and his troops crossed when he was alerted to the fact they were needed back at Corrick’s Ford. He turned and the troops with him turned and rode back through the water. According to an interview with Mrs. Virginia Long Moss, she stated the troops came back with Garnett’s Palomino Horse and rumor ran that he had been killed. She was nine years old when this happened. Ideas or comments contact Tim Turner 304-478-3389.