October 29, 2013 - The Parsons Advocate | The Parsons Advocate
Published On: Tue, Oct 29th, 2013

October 29, 2013

359Total Views

turners

This photo is of the ruins of the McKenzie Hotel in Hambleton which burned April 9, 1912. The McKenzie was a three story building and was one of seven hotels in Hambleton. The hotel was built by the railroad between Sixth and Seventh Street.  It has been suggested that the fire started at 11:00 p.m. and the hotel was a total loss. On the ground by the wagon wheel can be seen a small stack of dishes and a few things on the wagon which survived. Ideas or comments contact Tim Turner 304-478-3389.

PDF Printer    Send article as PDF