St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church - The Parsons Advocate | The Parsons Advocate
Published On: Tue, Jan 28th, 2014

St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church

487Total Views

St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

This photo is of the St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Davis. First pastor was J. F. W. Kitzmeyer and the corner stone was laid July 30, 1893. Until the church was finished, Sunday School and Services were held in the frame School Building on Henry Street, the engine house, and for a while in the Free Methodist Church. Catechetical classes were held in the school house after school. The church was dedicated September 16, 1894. The wood came from virgin Spruce timber found in the area and sawed by the Beaver Creek Lumber Company. The building was erected by the Greider Brothers at a cost of $7,000.00. The manually pumped pipe organ was installed at the time of construction. Ideas or comments call Tim Turner 304-478-3389

PDF24 Creator    Send article as PDF