Tucker Boe Again Tables Pay Raises
PARSONS — Tucker County Board of Education members voted for a second time to table three salary raises during the regular monthly meeting Monday.
The increases include a $2,500 salary increase for Tucker County High School Principal Jay Hamric, a $7,496 increase for Treasurer/Director of Finance David Lambert, and a $3,642.82 increase for the Director of Support Services/Food Services Director Jonathan Hicks.
This is the second time the three supplemental adjustments appeared on the agenda for recommended approval but were tabled.
At Monday’s meeting, the BOE met in executive session for an hour before voting unanimously to once again table the items.
The three raises were first tabled after being on the agenda of the June 23 meeting as approval items.
Monday’s motion to table the salary increases scheduled the items to be placed on the agenda for the Aug. 4 meeting.
Also during Monday’s meeting, The Tucker County BOE took the following actions:
* Voted to employ Rachel Stafford as a social studies teacher at Tucker County High School and Davis-Thomas Elementary Middle School, pending certification and CIB check.
* Voted to employ Janelle Paul as s fifth-grade teacher at DTEMS.
* Voted to accept the Simulated Workplace Drug Policy, second reading.
* Voted to employ Josh Evans as a math instructor at TCHS.
* Voted to employ Belinda Moss as principal at Tucker Valley Elementary Middle School.
* Voted to accept the resignation of Evelyn Cassidy as secretary at TVEMS.
* Voted to employ substitute service personnel and bus drivers for the 2014-15 school year including custodians Grace Snyder, Christina Nelson and Paul Nestor; aides Marty Nestor, Lisa Corbitt, Christina Drenning, Anita Herron, Billie James, Lois Lambert, Christina Nelson and Minnie Sponaugle; cooks Narel Hebb, Glenda Filler, Donna Davis, Grace Snyder, Christina Nelson, Minnie Sponaugle, James Duckworth, Aggie Arnold, Lucinda Nestor and Crystal Nutter; secretaries Eleanor Nestor, Lois Lambert, Nicole McClung, Teresa Simmons, Aggie Arnold and Kelly Helmick; maintenance Charles Lantz and Benjamin Kisamore; and bus operators Bill Poling, Jeannette Lambert, Jeremy Hile, Terry Simmons, John Bava, John Callaway and Craig Hyre.
The next regular meeting of the Tucker County Board of Education is slated for 4:30 p.m. Aug. 4.
By Beth Christian Broschart