The first scheduled date for a performance at the Gandy Dancer Theatre is the Legends show on Friday evening at 6:00 p.m. on July 15, 2022. The price is $38 if you provide your own transportation and $45 if you ride the van. Please call and get your name on the list as soon as possible so we know exactly how many tickets we have to hold. We will begin collecting for the July show on June 9th.
The itinerary for the Lancaster trip July 19th and 20th is available next week. Please make sure you open the envelope because there is a part to fill out for your meal choice on the way to Lancaster.
The trip to Stonewall Lake near Weston is August 23th. The boat trip is 2 hours and includes a taco bar lunch. The price will be $90. If you are interested, please let us know as soon as possible.
We have been notified that the Farmer Market Coupons will not be given to us until sometime in July. We will let you know when they have arrived.
June 14th is Flag Day. How much do you know about our flag?
- Who made our first American flag? Many historians believe it was Francis Hopkins, NOT BETSY ROSS. Hopkins was a New Jersey delegate to the Second Continental Congress in 1776. He was also a signer of the Declaration of Independence, inventor, artist, etc. and is thought to have created the first American flag.
- When were the stars representing new states added? THE NEXT 4TH OF JULY AFTER THE STATE’S ADMISSION.
- What do the red, white, ad blue colors of the flag represent? RED=HARDINESS AND VALOR, WHITE = PURITY AND INNOCENCE, BLUE= VIGILANCE, PERSRVERANCE, AND JUSTICE.
- Was the flag changed during the Civil War? NO, the flag remained unchanged as a result of an informal order by President Lincoln.
- What is the national march of the U.S.? THE STARS NAD STRIPES FOREVER (first performed on May 14, 1897 in Philadelphia, PA and became the national march in a bill signed into law by President Reagan in 1987)