We are taking reservations for next year’s trips. The trips will be taken only if we have the minimum number of participants (usually 40). PLEASE, if you are interested in one of the trips, call 304-478-2423 as soon as possible so we know whether or not to continue with the planning. At this point we are not signing contracts until we know if the trip is going. We will set payment dates when we know if we have enough signed up.
The trips are to Lancaster in July to see Moses, to Berlin, Ohio for the Amish Land Cruise, in September, and to Savannah and Charleston in early December for Christmas. We have already reserved tickets for Sight & Sound Theatre for next July (around the 19th or 20th) to see “Moses.” We do not have an itinerary or the pricing yet. We will let you know as soon as we decide. We are working on some shorter trips but they don’t take as long to plan as the longer ones do. We need to know immediately if you are interested in this trip.
Next week’s Menu: Mon: Liver & onions, mashed potatoes with gravy, peas, and mixed fruit Tues.: Turkey pot pie, mixed vegetables, beets, and applesauce. Wed.: Pinto beans, spinach, corn bread, and peaches. Thurs.: Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, carrots, and pears. Fri.: Cook’s Choice.
Winter Safety Tips for Seniors:
- Limit how much you use space heaters
- Wear safe shoes.
- Keep your kitchen stocked.
- Keep an emergency kit: Flashlight & batteries, hand warmers, pre-paid cell phone, manual can opener, weather radio, first aid supplies, whistle, cash, and matches or lighter.
- Be aware of the warmth in your home.
- Eat a healthy wintertime diet.
- Monitor your home’s carbon monoxide levels.
- Avoid the wintertime blues.
- Prepare your car.
10, Set up regular check-ins with your loved ones.