We can still take deposits for our cruise to the Southern Caribbean February 6 – 18, 2021. The deposit is $100 and needs to be paid as soon as possible to hold the cabin. The prices are $1600, $1650, or $2000 depending on the type of cabin you want. If you need further details, please call Linda Bonner at 304-478-2423.
Lancaster trip #2
We still need more people to sign up for this trip. PLEASE call before February 14, 2020 if you are interested. It will be the same as the May trip. No reservations will be taken after February 14, 2020.
TRIPS FOR 2020
The trips we are working on for 2020 are:
- June 30 & July 1—Pittsburgh Pirates, Gateway Clipper Luncheon Cruise, Heinz Museum, strip district shopping, and the Trolley Museum. $285
- July 21 – 23—second trip to Lancaster to see “Esther”, visit Kreider Farm, and go to The American Movie Theater for a British Invasion show. $485
- September 14—A visit to the churches in Cumberland, MD with the history of the area. This is a “Faith & Food” tour. We will be having a Jewish holiday breakfast, a lunch of ethnic German dishes, and an Italian dinner at Puccini’s restaurant. There will also be 2 musical performances and a visit to the Underground Railroad site. $170.
- We are still working on a Christmas trip for this year. We are looking at New York City with the Rockettes, Rockefeller Center, the 911 Memorial & Museum, and city touring. We previously said we might include Philadelphia in this trip and we may still. We might also decide to do Philadelphia as a separate trip because of the cost and the weather in Philly in December could be rather cold to be walking around. When we decide on our exact plan, we will let you know.
- We are also checking on a trip to the Johnstown/ Altoona, PA area. This would be a train ride around the famous Horseshoe Curve, visits to the Boyer’s Candy Outlet, Benzel’s Pretzel Outlet, lunch, Horseshoe Curve Visitor’s Center, Railroader’s Memorial Museum and a wine tasting at Oak Spring Winery. This trip will have considerable walking and steps. $185
If you are interested in any of these trips, PLEASE call the Parsons Center atimmediately. We realize that some of them are not for several months but if we don’t get some deposits made for the buses and activities, we will need to cancel the trip. Most companies require some payment 6 to 8 months in advance.
Save the dates of June 16 -19, 2020 for the Senior Olympics. More details later but we would love to have more of you join us for this fun time. You don’t have to be athletic to go to the Olympics. There is a time where you can display you creative side with baked goods, wood crafts, sewing, knitting, crocheting, and/or painting. There is a picnic, talent show, banquet and many awards. Please contact Linda Bonner atto let her know you are interested. When the registration materials come in she will contact you. If you’re not sure if you would like to participate, talk to someone who has been there in the past or come to Keyser on June 17, 2020 at about 8:30 a.m. and watch the outdoor events.
PAYMENT FOR THE MAY LANCASTER TRIP
The first payment of $205 is due by February 6, 2020. We will be collecting that day from 9:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. If you can’t come at that time you may send your payment to 217 Senior Lane Parsons, WV 26287 Attention: Activities.
- TOP BIRTHDAYS AND VALENTINE CELEBRATION
The Mt. Top Center will hold their monthly birthday celebration on Tuesday, February 11th. The birthday cake will be provided by WV Caring. This will also be the time for us to celebrate Valentine’s Day. We will have several activities and crown our king and queen of Valentine’s on this day. Activities will begin at 10:30 a.m. followed by a delicious lunch.
ATTORNEY GENERAL’S REPRESENTATIVE TO BE AT MT. TOP CENTER
The representative from the Attorney General’s office will be at the Mt. Top Center on Wednesday, February 12th at 11:00 a.m. If you have a problem you would like to discuss, please come and speak with her.
SEND A CARD TO A FRIEND DAY
We would like to encourage everyone to “Send a card to a friend” on Friday, February 7th. This will be a time to just let them know you are thinking about them. This is a small act of kindness that I’m sure will be greatly appreciated.