NATURAL REMEDIES FOR GETTING RID OF A COLD
- Rose hip tea is full of vitamin C and can help prevent colds.
- Lemons, oranges, and apple cider are all considered to be cold remedies.
- For chills, take fresh gingerroot.
- Historically, the layers of the onion were believed to draw contagious diseases from the patient; onions were often hung in sickrooms. Today, we know that onions have antibacterial qualities.
- Boil a whole onion, and afterward, drink the water. You can add a little butter and salt if the taste is unbearable.
- Cut up fresh garlic cloves and add them to chicken soup or other foods, or swallow small chunks of garlic like pills.
- Like onion and garlic, horseradish generates lots of heat to help offset colds. According to one farmer, a daily horseradish sandwich is the best cold remedy out there.
- Eat loads of hot and spicy foods like chili to clear the sinuses.
- To treat sore lips, go to bed with honey on them.
- For dry skin choose a lotion brand that has petroleum jelly or lanolin high on the ingredients list.
- Try adding lemon juice or vinegar to bathwater. Soap, being highly alkaline, may make your skin feel itchy.
- To soften dry skin, add 1 cup of powdered milk to your bath. (It worked for Cleopatra!)
Winter is white and quiet as can be.
The branches are bare on the maple tree.
Winter brings snow, falling all around.
Animals are sleeping quietly underground.
Nights are so long and days are so short.
Time to go skiing, my favorite winter sport.
Winter brings snowstorms, snow blowing everywhere.
Temperatures are freezing, warm clothes I will wear.
Winter brings hot cocoa with marshmallows, too.
Winter is here. We welcome you.