A POEM BY HELEN STEINER RICE
God grant us this year a wider view,
So we see others’ faults through the eyes of You.
Teach us to judge not with hasty tongue,
Neither the adult…nor the young.
Give us patience and grace to endure
And a stronger faith so we feel secure.
Instead of remembering, help us forget
The irritations that caused us to fret.
Freely forgiving for some offense
And finding each day a rich recompense.
In offering a friendly, helping hand
And trying in all ways to understand;
That all of us whoever we are…
Are trying to reach an unreachable star.
For the great and the small…the good and bad,
The young and the old…the sad and the glad
Are asking today; Is life worth living?
The answer is only in, loving and giving.
For only Love can make man kind
And Kindness of Heart brings Peace of Mind.
By giving love, we can help this year
To lift the clouds of hate and fear.
MORE SNOWMAN JOKES
- Where do snowmen get the weather report? 2. Why did the snowman call his dog Frost? 3. What does a snowman put on his face at night? 4. What does a snowman like to put on his iceburgers? 5. What’s a snowman’s favorite Mexican food? 6. What do snowmen like for breakfast? 7. Why did Frosty go to the middle of the big lake? 8. What kind of cake does a snowman like? 9. What did one snowman say to the other snowman? 10. How does Frosty the Snowman get around the neighborhood? 11. What do they sing at a snowman’s birthday party? 12. What happened when the snowwoman had an argument with the snowman?
1. The winternet
2. Because Frost bites
3. Cold cream
4. Chilly sauce
6. Ice Krispies and Frosted Flakes
7. Because Snowman’s an island
8. Any kind with lots of frosting
9. Do you smell carrots?
10. On his ice-icle
11. Freeze a Jolly Good Fellow
12. She gave him the cold shoulder.
We’re all looking forward to a Happy New Year!!