Magistrate News

The following criminal complaints have been filed in the Tucker County Magistrate office:

  • Derek A. Sliwinski, Davis, was charged with one count DUI- .15 or higher BAC. The complaint states that on Thursday, June 11 Chief Deputy M. Sigley was dispatched to Thomas in reference to a two vehicle accident. Upon arrival he noticed a tractor trailer parked to the side of the roadway of WV 32 facing southbound. He also noticed a white Dodge Ram sitting in the roadway with disabling damage. He spoke with the tractor trailer driver identified as Scott Kennedy from Tennessee. Scott advised he was on WV32 and the pickup came off a side road and struck the side of his trailer. Scott advised he asked the driver if he was okay and allegedly he could smell alcohol on the driver. Sigley did speak with the driver of pickup identified as Derek Sliwinski who advised he was turning right. The officer did allegedly notice the odor of an alcoholic beverage and his speech was slurred. When asked if he had anything to drink Sliwinski allegedly advised beer. Field sobriety tests were performed and all were failed. He was placed under arrest for DUI and transported to the Parsons City Police Department for processing. A consent form was read, understood and signed by Sliwinski. He did perform the test once the time came and the secondary test result read .199. He met with the Magistrate and was released. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven otherwise.
  • Debra Jean Watkins, Parsons, was charged with one count Obstructing an officer and one count Battery on an officer. The complaint states that on Wednesday, July 1 at approximately 12:30 a.m. Cpl. J.R. Wince of the Parsons Detachment of the West Virginia State Police received a call from Mark Nestor advising the accused, Debra Jean Watkins, was allegedly intoxicated at his residence and was refusing to leave. Upon arrival, he observed the accused at the residence. She was highly intoxicated and wearing blue jeans, a bra and no shoes. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. Wince gave her multiple instructions in an attempt to get her to calm down and cooperate. He was able to handcuff her and get her in the cruiser. While in route to the office, she continued to scream and yell at the officer. She was screaming profanities and threats to him. Once at the office, she allegedly intentionally urinated in her pants, saturating the back seat of the cruiser. Once she exited the vehicle, she continued to urinate in her pants and began kicking her legs trying to splash urine on Wince. She then began to walk away from Wince defying all orders to stop. Once Wince caught up to her, she began throwing her shoulders attempting to strike him. She then head butted Wince in the shoulder. He eventually gained control of her and she began to cooperate. All subjects are presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

more recommended stories