The Tucker County Historical Society created an endowment to provide perpetual funding for the support and upkeep to the Parsons Railroad Depot.
The Parsons Railroad Depot Fund supports the historic railroad depot was part of the Western Maryland Railroad constructed in 1888. It served as a stop for passengers traveling to and from Parsons for more than 100 years, from 1889 to 1983. The structure features German siding and a batten seam gable roof. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
The mission of the Tucker County Historical Society is to promote the discovery, collection, preservation, restoration, and dissemination of knowledge of everything relating to the history, antiquities, art, literature of Tucker County and West Virginia including, the preservation and restoration of old buildings and landmarks and the promotion of historical and genealogical research.
To donate to the Parsons Railroad Depot Fund, make checks payable to TCF – Parsons Railroad Depot Fund and mail to the Tucker Community Foundation, P.O. Box 491, Parsons, WV 26287. Online donations can be made at www.tuckerfoundation.net.
The Tucker Community Foundation manages more than 130 endowed funds providing annual scholarships and grants to nonprofits and charitable causes throughout the eight-county service area. Inspired by the flood of 1985, the mission of the Foundation is to create opportunities for the communities we serve. For more information on how to set-up an endowed fund or to learn about the foundation, call 304-478-2930.