The 14th Annual Mon Health HealthFair returns to the Bear Paw Lodge at Canaan Resort on April 27, 2019, from 7 a.m. to 12 noon.
Once again this year we are featuring multiphasic blood work for only $10 thanks to the support of local companies. Thyroid stimulating hormone tests are available for $10 as well as $10 for the men’s PSA thanks to the support of the Zelda Stein Weiss Cancer Center fund.
For the 14th year in a row, Dr. Mark Johnson, Mon Health general surgeon, and physician assistant Lindsay Fowkes will be available to answer questions as part of “Talk to the Doc.”
This year the medical community has taken a new approach to the use of EKG screenings. Instead of screening every attendee, we will have an RN checking pulse and teaching about atrial fibrillation. When indicated, we have an EKG machine and tech available.
Because of the popular demand for bone density testing, we are providing two machines this year and two specialists to ease attendees wait time.
Included in the screenings available will be:
- West Virginia Junior College School of Nursing will be providing free blood pressure checks.
- Greenbrier Audiology will provide video-otoscopy.
- Thomas –Davis Lions Club will provide vision screening.
- Cortland Acres will provide general physical therapy testing.
- MHMC Oncology will provide pulmonary function testing.
Also, these groups will be providing professional staff and educational materials:
- WV Aging
- Spectacle Family EyeCare
- WV Caring
- St. George Medical Clinic
- MHMC Diabetes education
- MHMC Wound Center
- Preston-Taylor Community Health Center
- Hearing Life
The HealthFair will also be providing ultrasound to those who have already signed up. Unfortunately, all reservations on six ultrasound machines have been taken due to heavy demand.
For more information visit www.monhealth.com/tuckercounty.