Region VII Planning & Development Council (Region VII) has received a sub-grant award from the WV Office of Broadband to assist in data collection that will be used to develop the State’s Digital Equity (DE) and Broadband, Equity, Access and Deployment (BEAD) Plans and we need your help! Region VII is hosting a listening session for Tucker County on Thursday, April 13, at 1 p.m. at the Canaan Valley State Park Conference Center to gather your input. Light refreshments will be provided.
Target audiences are listed below; however, our entire region is considered rural, and sessions are open to the public.
- Individuals who live in covered households, meaning those earning at or below 150% of the federal poverty line.
- Aging Populations (60+)
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Individuals who primarily reside in a rural area – all West Virginia residents within the Region VII boundaries
- Populations with a language barrier, including English language learners and low literacy populations; and
- Members of a racial or ethnic minority group.
Feedback from listening sessions will be shared with state officials and used to outline their plan for future broadband deployment across the State of WV.
For more information, please visit https://internetforallwv.wv.gov/
Leave a Reply