By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
I pulled the trigger and added another fur-baby to the family. Her name is Freya Bleu and she is another black German Shepherd Dog. She is so like Ripley in her ways that it is kind of weird. I got her for my birthday present to myself and she is just perfect. I just turned 66 years young and I hope I can still be motivating around for many years to come. She and the other girls are getting along just fine and Katy Kat warmed right up to her. Momma Said, “We may be different on the outside but we are all the same on the inside.”
I can truly say that I will definitely have to get new carpet after this one. She is really good at going out but still has the occasional accident after all she is only 9 weeks old. I am sure when I was that age I made a mess or two or twelve myself. That is just part of having animals in your life. She has already started to chew on her deer antlers and a month or two from now she will have some strong pearly whites good enough to chew on me.
She is a good traveler as well, sleeps most of the time (wish I could) but that is beside the point. Makes it a little hard to drive with your eyes closed if you know what I mean. I have tried it a couple times, of course not on purpose, and it is kind of scary. That first second when you open your eyes and know you were asleep and then you realize you don’t know where you are. Momma Said, “Traveling with me is taking your life into your own hands.”
Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip
- 3 Pink Lady or Honeycrisp apples peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- ½ CUP flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 CUP graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ CUP sugar
- 8 OUNCES whipped cream cheese
- ½ CUP caramel sauce plus more for garnish
- Toss the apple slices and flour together in a large bowl. Set up a dredging station by putting the beaten eggs in one shallow dish, and combining the crushed graham crackers and sugar in a second shallow dish. Dip each apple slice into the egg, and then into the graham cracker crumbs. Coat the slices on all sides and place the coated slices on a cookie sheet.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 380ºF. Spray or brush the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Air-fry the apples in batches. Place one layer of apple slices in the air fryer basket and spray lightly with oil. Air-fry for 5 minutes. Turn the apples over and air fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- While apples are cooking make caramel cream dip. Combine the whipped cream cheese and caramel sauce, mixing well. Transfer the Caramel Cream Dip into a serving bowl and drizzle additional caramel sauce over the top.
- Serve the apple fries hot with the caramel cream dip on the side. Enjoy!