By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
We have experienced so many weather changes this past week, we have had rain that turned to snow, cold weather that turned warm again and I am very confused. I just want it to stay warm but that is not going to happen. Momma Said, “With global warming speeding up I better watch what I wish for because it could very well happen.”
We are so lucky to live on a planet where anything can happen as far as the weather is concerned. I have always wondered why we are the only planet that has such capabilities (that we know of). We have explored space as far as we can right now and with the telescopes we have, we still can’t find another planet that would sustain life as we know it.
When I was watching Flash Gordon and Lost in Space I never believed I would live long enough to see all that has been accomplished so far. We laughed at The Jetson’s when they were making their video calls and their instant food but now we have that. We watch movies now of the habitation of Mars and it won’t be long before that happens. I know I won’t be one of the ones on any of those space ships because none of them would want to hear me telling them how we did things when I was a kid. Momma Said, “There are two ways of doing things, the way I tell you to do it or doing it wrong.” I do believe I could grow a garden on Mars.
Oreo Fluff Recipe
- two 3.4 oz. packages vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz. cool whip, 1 ½ 8 oz. containers
- 30 oreos, crushed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl combine the vanilla pudding mix and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until combined and thick.
- Fold in the cool whip, crushed oreos, and mini marshmallows,
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. This allows the mixture to thicken and for the marshmallows to soften. Top with more crushed oreos before serving.