By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
Well two of the three dogs finally got a bath this past weekend. Whew, what a job that was it is like bathing small ponies. Mud puppy didn’t get a bath yet because she takes forever to dry. I will have to get some warmer weather so she can dry and not stink like a mildewed fur ball.
After bathing the other two they started to shed like crazy. I think I brushed enough off Ripley to stuff a pillow and it is not done yet. When she shakes there is hair going in every direction. At least they smell better. I don’t think they will stay clean for long because rain is back in the forecast and that means a muddy back yard again. Momma Said, “It will be just like kids playing in the mud.”
Times are getting tougher everywhere and I don’t know what is to come of our world. Crime is closing into our little area and it is a shame. I remember when we were in school every kid that had a pickup had a rifle rack in the back window. When hunting season rolled around there were guns in every back window as far as you could see.
There never was a cause to act on this because it was just the norm. I would bet that more than half of those trucks never had the door locked and if it was nice weather the windows were rolled down. There was never anything said about this because nobody ever even thought to take one out of the vehicle and do anything with it except hunt. Momma Said, “Times are changing and not for the better.”
THE BEST COFFEE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
- 2 cups (1 pint) Whipping Cream
- 1 packet of Starbuck’s French Roast Instant Coffee
- 1 Small Box (3.3 oz.) White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- 1/3 cup of Powdered Sugar
- Add one packet of Instant Coffee to Whipping Cream.
- Stir Whipping Cream until Instant Coffee has completely dissolved.
- Filter whipping cream through a colander if you have any un-dissolved coffee crystals.
- Add Whipping Cream mixture to a chilled mixing bowl.
- Turn mixer on high.
- Mix until soft peaks form.
- Add Powdered Sugar.
- Mix at high speed.
- Just before you get to stiff peaks add White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix.
- On slow speed, mix whipping cream and pudding.
- When it starts to come together, stop mixer and scrape down sides.
- Check to make sure the pudding hasn’t clumped on the bottom.
- Fold mixture a couple of times with a spoon.
- Turn mixer back on for just a few revolutions.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
Leave a Reply