By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
I am sure the majority of you out there will remember most of these things that Momma Said:
- What part of “NO” don’t you understand?
- I don’t care who started it!
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
- Your face will stay like that
- Your hands are not broken
- Beds are for sleeping, not jumping on
- No dessert until you finish your supper
- No one said life is fair
- Eat your vegetables
- Carrots help you see in the dark
- I don’t know is not an answer
- Because I said so…that’s why
- You’ll take someone’s eye out with that
- Don’t get smart with me
- If someone told you to jump off a cliff would you?
- Say pardon not “What”
- Just go ahead it’ll end in tears
- Back in my day you never talked back
- Close the door, were you born in a barn?
- “I want” never gets you anywhere
- Do what I say, not what I do
And last but not least
- I tole you that would happen but did you listen?
I can say that I heard Mom say every one of these things at one time or another. And today when those words come out of your mouth, just give your Momma a little smile and say, “I know you tole me but did I listen?” And to this I can honestly say, “Yes Momma, I heard you every time.”
Homemade Carpet Deodorizer Powder
Ingredients & Supplies Needed:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 15-20 drops of orange essential oil
- 15-20 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 15-20 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- Container with a lid
- measuring spoon
Mix all together and store in an airtight container. When using, place in a shaker container and liberally sprinkle on carpet. Let sit for 10 – 15 minutes and then vacuum up, this should be done at least once a month to make your house smell great. You can change up the essential oil to your own liking.