By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
I absolutely detest rude people and they are becoming more prevalent every day. The worst place is Wal-Mart and the worst ones are the employees. The ones that push those big giant carts around shopping for people that are too lazy to get off their butts and do it for themselves. Momma Said, “People are becoming more introverted every day.”
I had one of those personal shoppers girls almost run me down the other day. No excuse me or sorry from either of them. It makes me so mad how people they are so entitled these days. The customer is just irrelevant anymore. Just mow me down and if the clean-up crew gets around to it they can clean up the mess in a day or two.
I was raised to respect others and it just blisters my butt to see younger people today that have no manners. They will let the door hit you right in the face before they would hold it open for you and I think the words thank you and you are welcome have been removed from the English language. Momma Said, “My English teacher in high school would be spinning in her grave.”
I think manners should start at home but I don’t see that happening anymore, it is just a waste of time. Well I don’t care if I live to be 100 as long as I can get around I will still make my mother happy and use my manners. I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and I hope you don’t get a lump of coal in your stocking.
Candied Walnuts with Brown Sugar
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat until butter is completely melted.
- Add brown sugar and walnuts to the frying pan and mix.
- Cook, stirring every 30 seconds, until the sugar is completely dissolved (about 4 minutes).
- Remove candied walnuts from the frying pan onto a baking sheet. Put the walnuts on parchment paper in a single layer and spread them apart so they are not touching and don’t stick together. Let them cool for 30 minutes.
After the candied walnuts are completely cool, put them in a bowl and serve.