We had a small dose of spring in our area last week and it was refreshing. I know people in the Midwest were not so lucky. They got hit with the “Snow Bomb” and it was really bad. I think we got the same thing when Super Storm Sandy hit us. Momma Said, “I definitely do not want to ever go through that again.” Our weather has changed so dramatically that you don’t know what to expect.
The Almanac says we are to have another wet summer and I did not want to hear that. I would like to have a pleasant summer so I could get some work done outside. The last few years it has either been too wet or to darn hot to do anything. I am sure we will have a few more snows before I have to worry about that. One good note is the robins are finally back, so that is a good sign.
The daffodils are getting ready to bloom and it won’t be long before everything starts to bust out. The cattle are dropping calves and it is good to see new life beginning. The winter has not been bad here it has almost been boring if that makes any sense. The ground never really froze. We have had teasers of warm weather then a cold patch. It has really been confusing for the most part.
Momma Said, “I will be good to see it pass and get on with better things.” I hope I can get outside this spring and get into my crafts early this year. I did not make one thing last year and it bummed me out. I enjoy making my crafts and hope to eventually get my buildings uncluttered a little. I just hold my breath every time I open the door and pray I don’t get hit with something tumbling out. I think I have turned into a Christmas craft hoarder. That is the only thing I enjoy making and I have a bunch of STUFF that needs to go. Maybe this will be the year, fingers crossed!!
No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart
- 32 Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
Chocolate Filling Ingredients
- 7 oz Milk Chocolate
- 3.5 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 7 oz Heavy Cream
- 10 oz Fresh Strawberries
- Chopped Nuts (Almonds, Pistachios, Etc), Optional
- Place Oreo Cookies into the Bowl of a Food Processor and Blend until Crumbs Form. Add Melted Butter and Pour Over the Crushed Cookies. Process Until Evenly Moistened.
- Press Cookie Mixture With The Back Of The Spoon And Your Fingers Where Necessary, into The Bottom And Edges Of A Rectangular 5×14 Inch Tart Pan.
- Freeze Until You Prepare the Filling, Just For Few Minutes.
- In A Small Saucepan, Place Cream Over Medium-Low Heat For A Few Minutes To Get Hot. No Boiling Or Simmering Needed.
- Remove From Heat, Pour Over Chopped Chocolate And Let Rest For 1-2 Minutes.
- Stir Until Dissolved.
- Pour Chocolate Filling Over Oreo Crust, And Top With Fresh Strawberries.
- Refrigerate For At Least 2 Hours Or Overnight Before Serving.