Birthday number two is coming up for Mud Puppy and she still lives up to her nickname. I dread seeing chances of rain in the forecast but there is nothing I can do about it. Momma Said, “You have to play the hand you are dealt.” She is mine so I take the good with the bad.
It is hard to believe she will be two years old already. It seems like last week she was just a clumsy ball of fur. Now she is 55 pounds of pure energy. She never stops, on the go all the time. It is currently raining, trying to turn to snow, as I write this and I hope it does turn. If it gets cold enough the mud will freeze and save me a lot of work.
I have come to the conclusion that she is my mess and I will continue to clean up after her. She is such a good dog, just hyperactive and very defensive of her yard. Nothing gets past her attention and I guess that is a good thing. I don’t have to worry about anyone getting close to the house she lets me know right away. Momma Said, “I have my very own alarm system and all I have to do is feed it.”
If the weather clears up this weekend both dogs are getting a bath. They probably won’t stay clean very long but at least they won’t stink so much. Faced with the task of washing a 55 pound dog and an 89 pound dog, maybe I should have stuck with cats.
Fiery Sausage Jalapenos
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar/Colby cheese
- 10 jalapeno peppers washed, halved, cored, and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook sausage in a skillet until done, DRAIN WELL.
- Mix sausage with cream cheese.
- Fill halved jalapeno peppers with sausage mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place on a sheet pan.
- Repeat with all jalapeno and mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.