I never had children but I have heard about the Terrible Two’s all my life. Well, my dog child, Amber, (AKA Mudpuppy) turned two the first of April and now I actually know what people have been talking about. She used to listen to everything I told her and now when I ask her to come into the house, she will just stand and look at me like I am an alien or something.
She has gotten so stubborn that it is not funny. Of course I can bribe her with a treat but I really don’t like doing that. I feel like she is getting the upper hand on me by playing me for the treat. When I let her out of the yard for a little while (always supervised, of course) sometimes she will come back to the door but won’t come through. She just stands there and looks at me, she never attempts to run away and she won’t come when I call her.
She has filled out some too so there is more of her to get muddy. And she has taken that to heart every time it rains. I need to install a dog wash at the back door and run her through it every time she goes outside. Momma Said, “I would probably run out of water before I got her clean.” I have never had a dog before that actually enjoys being dirty and I think she does. I will just make the best of it because, for better or worse, I am stuck with her.
30 Minute No-Fry Chicken
- 1 Cup Prepared Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenderloins
- 3 Cups Corn Flake Cereal
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat Your Oven To 400 Degrees F.
- In A Small Mixing Bowl, Mix Your Prepared Honey Mustard Dressing With 2 Tablespoons Of Water To Dilute.
- Pour The Cereal Into A Large Zip Bag. Add The Salt, Pepper And Garlic Powder. Crush The Cereal Using Your Hands, Being Sure To Not Overdo It. Close The Bag And Shake It To Mix Everything Together.
- Dip The Chicken Tenderloins In The Honey Mustard Dressing then Place Each One In The Cereal Bag.
- Zip The Bag And Shake It Vigorously To Evenly Coat The Chicken.
- Spread The Chicken Out On A Baking Sheet Lined With Parchment Paper.
- Bake The Chicken For 20 Minutes In The Preheated Oven, Or Until The Chicken Is Thoroughly Cooked And No Longer Pink Inside.
- Let The Chicken Cool Down Slightly Before Serving. Serve Alongside Some Additional Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce For Dipping.