The news coming in from around the world is hard to believe. I never dreamed in my lifetime that I would witness something like this. But sooner or later it was bound to happen and people do not understand the severity of this virus. They continue to travel and gather in large groups.
I saw the news from the beaches in Florida and the spring breakers that are clustered together. The news was interviewing a group of young women and one stated “I don’t need to worry about this because it only affects old people..” And these are the people who are going to be our future. Momma Said, “If they are still alive that is!”
So many people are not taking this seriously and do not understand that it can be transmitted by people who show no signs of being sick. All those young people will eventually return home and God only knows how the virus will explode then. This is a matter of life and death for some people young or old.
Some reports have stated to drink plenty of water which will wash the virus from your mouth into your stomach where the stomach acid will kill it. Do not let your mouth get dry but they state to drink your fluids without ice. The virus will first infect your mouth resulting in a sore throat lasting 3/4 days. It blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind, you feel as if you are drowning.
Seek medical attention immediately.
We at the Parsons Advocate wish everyone stays safe and obey the instructions of your state or area. There is going to be loss of life and that is tragic but we can curtail this if we are vigilant and follow habits of washing your hands, stay home if possible and if you are not feeling well seek medical attention.
Momma Said, “May God keep us safe and do not lose faith. This too shall pass.”
Salisbury Steak and Gravy
- 1.5 lb. Ground Chuck
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 pack of Lipton Beefy Onion Soup mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- ½ of one pack of soda crackers, crushed (box has 4 packs)
- 2 or 3 green onions diced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
Mix all ingredients together and pat out in one half inch thick patties. Fry until golden brown.
Salisbury Steak Mushroom Gravy
- ½ Stick Butter
- ½ Pint Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced in strips
- 4 cups of beef stock (1 32 oz. Container. Get stock not broth)
- 5 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- ½ Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic, Pressed. (put in at end of recipe)
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saucepan. Add mushrooms and onion and saute until soft.
- Pour beef stock in a large measuring cup and add corn starch. Whisk until well blended.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to stock. Once mushrooms/onions are soft add 1/2 tsp. black pepper then pour in the stock.
- Simmer until the cornstarch clears and gravy becomes brown. Add 1 clove of garlic pressed and mix well.
- Set aside and serve over steaks. This dish is perfect with mash potatoes, green beans and any other favorite veggies.