By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
I will concede that COVID-19 is a very serious issue in our lives today. Will there be an end to it, I don’t know. But my conspiracy theorist is rearing its ugly head again. The news says that there is a new way of testing for the virus through your saliva. Is that not the same way companies collect your DNA? I am just suspicious of everything these days. I guess the scientists can collect DNA from your nasal swab, but that is not the way you do it for a voluntary DNA test. I do not want my DNA floating around for just anyone to get their hands on.
I don’t know why anyone would want my DNA but what if someone is cloning an army out there somewhere. I could get killed by myself someday. I don’t think I want to be walking down the street someday and come face to face with myself. Also, Space X is launching more satellites into space that are to totally circle the globe. Is that not what happened in the Terminator movies when they launched SKYNET? Then the machines took over and killed everyone.
I don’t want to be killed by a machine and Arnold Schwarzenegger is way too old to save the world. If you have not watched all the Terminator movies, take a weekend and binge watch them and see how much of the movies are now a part of our lives. Sure, time travel is a stretch but the part about global domination could be coming to fruition. Momma Said, “Call me crazy but I have been saying this for years.”
We have seen great strides in the years I have been alive. From Buck Rogers to Neal Armstrong, from George Jetson talking on video chat to his boss to Face time. We never dreamed these things would come to pass when we were watching them in cartoons, but they have. I know man dreams big but what are we going to do when we make it to Mars, trash it the same way we have our beautiful planet? If I am still alive if and when all this happens I am going to use Mom’s tagline, “I tole you!!!”
Beef Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out seeds, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onion and zucchini pulp over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the marinara sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce.