By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
I am just about done with this virus stuff. I had to go to the doctor because I have a bad case of mask face. It was diagnosed as dermatitis from the moisture inside the mask. My face and nose are red and irritated. Momma Said, “Having to buy prescription medicine to ease the irritation is one way to stimulate the economy I guess.” I go to a public place and look around at all the faces I cannot see and it scares me to think this is our future.
I still think I want that seat on the first rocket to Mars. At least with the helmet on you can see everyone’s face. I am probably too old to go and definitely not rich enough to buy a seat. Plus I don’t think they would let me take my pets. The scientists will improve the ships and if they are smart they will take the older people with them to work and get everything set up. I don’t think the younger generation has the gumption to work that hard.
I see more and more older people working today. I guess they can’t live on the social security that they get each month. It really irritates me when I see a sign for hiring in the window and l see a 75 year old person working in McDonalds when there is a bunch of freeloading hipsters walking around looking for a handout. Momma Said, “Get off your pampered butts and GET A JOB!” I have worked since I was just a kid. I worked in the hay field for fifty cents an hour and had my first working job when I was 16 years old. I have worked ever since and if I am going to give out a handout it is going to the 70 year old that has to struggle every day just to have money to live, after working for half a century to get their social security. That may be me soon enough. Momma Said, “I guess I will have to work until I am dead.”
3 Ingredient Orange Chicken Sauce
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce Sweet Baby Ray’s
- 1 Cup Sweet Orange Marmalade Smucker’s
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
Crispy Chicken Ingredients:
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- In a sauce pan, add the BBQ sauce, marmalade, and soy sauce. Turn the heat on low and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Meanwhile, cut up your chicken breasts into cubes. In one bowl beat 2 eggs, while the other bowl should mix the dry ingredients.
- Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour. Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat. Once it sizzles, add the chicken to the pan. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes each side until it’s brown and cooked on the inside.
- Set the oily pieces on a paper towel and let drain.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and toss!
- Eat it on top of white rice and enjoy. I think veggies would be good with it such as green peppers or broccoli.