Countdown is on, less than a month until spring is here. I saw my first flock of robins last week and I was so happy. I know we usually get a few more snows after the robins arrive but I can’t wait for it to warm up and everything comes back to life. Momma Said, “The circle of life continues.” I am ready to see green grass, flowers bloom, and just the sweet smell of renewal.
We will be springing forward with Daylight Savings Time in about three weeks and that will give us more sunshine. The farmers are bringing their herds close to the barn for calving and I can’t wait to see the little ones running wild in the fields. That was my favorite time when I had my farm. I could not wait for the calves to drop and watch them play together.
I miss having land to have some stock, maybe a few chickens and a cow or two. The time I spent with farm stock the more serene life seemed to me.
They can be cantankerous and stubborn but just to be in the presence of a horse can take away all my stress and worries. My dogs and cat are great for that too but it is just not the same. A horse can be so majestic and strong but at the same time it can be gentle and kind.
To look into the eyes of a horse is to look into your own soul. It has a hold on me that just can’t be broken. They understand and communicate with their eyes as sure as if they could talk. I miss having my large animals and hope one day to get back my Shangri-la.
Gordon Ramsay Scrambled Eggs
- 6 cold eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- Crème fraîche (a type of thick cream made from heavy cream with the addition of buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt)
How To Make Gordon Ramsay Scrambled Eggs
- Crack 6 cold eggs into a deep saucepan.
- Add the butter. For smaller batches, use a 2-to-1 eggs-to-butter ratio.
Put the pan on high heat.
- Stir continuously with a rubber spatula—don’t whisk—making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- After 30 seconds, take the pan off the heat. Keep stirring. After about 10 seconds, put back on the heat. Repeat for 3 minutes.
- In the last minute, season the eggs lightly. For an extra creamy texture, stir in 1 tsp. of crème fraîche.
- Plate and garnish with chopped chives.