By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
When chaos rules everything is unsettled. The world is in a state of unrest right now and we just don’t know what is going to happen. It is SPRING, a time of rebirth and all we hear about is death. It is such a sad situation we find ourselves in right now. Momma Said, “Peace should rule the world not turmoil.” My heart goes out for all the people fleeing for their lives.
And even after they think they are a safe distance from the bombing, “The Crazy Man” continues to follow and tries to kill them in the humanitarian lines. Something has to be done and quickly. This is worse than World War II when Hitler was basically killing anything that moved.
I still don’t understand why Putin is trying to destroy Ukraine and its people. What does he stand to gain? He has already seen that these people are not going to back down from him so why not stop this madness and try to talk to each other. I just hope his own troops comes to see what he is doing and stop this slaughter of innocent people.
And that is exactly what this is, a slaughter, a kill box whatever you want to call it. It is like that old saying, “shooting fish in a barrel.” No matter where these people try to hide he is bombing everything, hospitals, bread lines, maternity hospitals, churches, shelters, nowhere is safe to hide. Momma Said, “God’s Mercy be with the people of Ukraine and let this strife come to an end.”
Easy Lemon Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup sugar, for rolling cookies
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and lemon zest with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the lemon juice and egg, beat again to combine.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking soda and salt, mixing by hand with a spatula until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Place 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl for rolling the cookies.
- Use a cookie scoop to form balls, rolling each ball into the sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on a silicone lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges have a faint golden color.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.