Only 55 days until SPRING! And I can’t wait. I miss the birds and the flowers. This winter has been so weird that I am about sick of it. I want to open my windows and let the fresh air in without freezing to death. Momma Said, “I am ready to trade shoveling snow for mowing grass.” The first sign of grass and Mom would have the mower fired up and ready to go.
Why is it that when you get older, the things that used to bring you pleasure don’t seem to be as pleasant anymore. I have never liked to be cold, but as I get older I like it even less. I don’t have trouble getting around and I don’t mind to drive in the snow, but I just hate being cold. I can’t seem to regulate my body temperature anymore, if I am not having a hot flash I am freezing to death. Momma Said, “Getting old sucks!”
I have ordered some stuff that is supposed to help with the hot flashes. I will keep you updated and if it works I will let you know. Ladies out there suffering with this pain in the butt know what I am talking about. I have tried over the counter remedies and natural cures but nothing works. I am game to try anything if it would just stop.
The Olympics will be starting soon and I can’t wait. I like to watch the downhill skiing. I just can’t imagine what it would be like to be going downhill that fast and being in control. I would just be a giant snowball at the bottom with maybe an arm or leg sticking out. I also like to watch figure skating. Momma Said, “I think we have some good contenders this time and I hope they do well.”
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup all purpose flour / whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fat free cool whip
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg, honey, vanilla extract and greek yogurt, whisk together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and sifted unsweetened cocoa powder. Once mixed, add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until just combined. Small clumps and flour streaks are okay!
- Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Place the 1/4 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power until melted. To help the chocolate melt without burning you can add a very small amount of oil. Allow the chocolate to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted chocolate and cool whip, stir until combined. Spread on top of the cooled cake. The cake can be covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.