I am writing this just a day from the great debate with the United States and North Korea. I hope things do not excalate out of hand. If President Trump can keep his finger off the Tweet button and act like a world leader maybe we won’t get blown to pieces. Momma Said, “If all the Miss America’s in history can come together and hope for World Peace we may have a chance.”
I don’t understand the world of politics and I never will, but I don’t understand why we can’t all get along. Now we are fighting with our allies and making more enemies than ever. I just pray that everyone keeps their fingers off the big red button. We are in a very precarious situation and I hope things can be worked out. I don’t ever want to see situations get to the point of no return. Momma Said, “That is a bell that can’t be unrung.”
It is bad enough to watch scenarios of a nuclear winter on TV but I don’t ever want to think that could happen to our world. The Bible does say that the world will be consumed by fire this time around. I don’t think it could get any worse than a nuclear bomb going off. I think that would be the end for us.
Everyone out there pray for our country and the world because I think we need all the help we can get right about now.
MEXICAN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1½ lbs. ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chile powder
- ¼ c. chopped cilantro
- 3 C. shredded cheddar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Assorted toppings: diced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, green onions, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown turkey with diced onions, garlic, and jalapeño. Season with cumin and chile powder. Add tomatoes and simmer about 10 minutes for flavors to combine. If you like, puree one can of tomatoes and keep one can of them diced for some chunks. Add cilantro and stir to combine.
- In large casserole, alternate layers of tortillas, meat mixture, cream cheese and cheddar.
- Bake in oven about 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Top each serving with desired toppings.
- Add your favorite taco sauce on top!