This is an advertisement for P. H. Shaffer, Jeweler of Hendricks. “Pat” was a native of Maryland, living on a farm six miles from Oakland. In 1899, he opened a jewelry store in Bayard, WV. The Buffalo Lumber Company’s mill burnt in 1901 and he moved to Tunnelton. He moved to Hambleton, as he was not happy with the move to Tunnelton. In 1907, he moved to Utah; later moving to Nevada, California, and Washington and finally returning to Hambleton. In October 1907, he moved his store to Hendricks, across the tracks from the Depot. Ideas, comments, suggestions, or items to share contact Tim Turner (304) 478-3389.