This is a notice that appeared in the local paper letting taxpayers know where they could go to pay the second half of their taxes for the year of 1947. Seemed fitting as we are now paying the first half or full year of taxes. It is interesting to note the number of districts in the county and the places taxes were being collected in each district. One was in a home (Mrs. Dick Loughry), one at a school (Harper School in Clover District), one at a post office(St. George) , three at stores (Harper’s, Kate Raines, Company Store), three at Thomas City Hall, one at Davis Fireman’s Hall and of course at the Sheriff’s Office in Blackfork District. Ideas, comments, suggestions, or photos to share contact Tim Turner (304) 478-3389.