The following citations have been recorded in the Tucker County Magistrate office:
- Ruben A. Umpierrez, Miami, Fla. was cited for impeding flow and over length by Sgt. C.D. Siler. He pled no contest and was assessed fines of $9.50 and court cost of $330.50.
- Elizabeth M. Simons, Davis, was cited for no proof of insurance by Deputy C.R. Donelson. The charge was dismissed with proof shown.
- Susan B. Hurt, Thomas, was cited for sale of alcohol by Cpl. J.E. Kopec. She pled no contest and was assessed fines of $25 and court cost of $165.25.
- Daniel W. Pase, Oakland, Md. was cited for no proof of insurance by Deputy B.T. Zirk. The charge was dismissed with proof shown.
The following criminal complaints have been filed in the Tucker County Magistrate Court:
- Britni Mikkel Ball, Parsons, was charged with one count of Petit Larceny. According to the complaint on Sunday, March 4 the defendant entered the Parsons Sheetz store, allegedly picked up one bottle of Lipton Sweet Tea, valued at $1.89 and a bottle of Frappuccino Vanilla, valued at $2.99 and exited the store without paying for these items. The store manager witnessed this crime and reported to Cpl. D.W. Burge of the West Virginia State Police. She posted a $2,500 property/surety bond and a Bench Trial is scheduled for July 2 at 10 a.m. before Magistrate Riley H. Barb.
- Rodney Dean Liller, Davis, was charged with one count of DUI – .15 or higher BAC. The complaint states that on Sunday, April 29 Deputy B.T. Zirk of the Tucker County Sheriff’s Office observed a pickup traveling north on WV32. He observed erratic driving and initiated a traffic stop at which time he observed the driver, Rodney Dean Liller, exit the vehicle. He was unsteady and staggering and Zirk observed the odor of alcohol on his breath. When asked if he had anything to drink, the defendant allegedly stated he had four or five beers about three hours ago. When asked where he was going he stated he was going to the bar. Zirk initiated a series of field sobriety tests and the defendant failed all. He was placed under arrest and transported to the Parsons Police Department for processing. He was read and explained the WV Implied Consent Statement to which he stated he understood and signed. A Secondary Chemical Test was administered and was failed with a reading of .202. He was transported to TVRJ. He posted a $1,000 PR bond and a hearing is scheduled for May 31 at 10 a.m. before Magistrate William M. Miller.
The following cases have been ordered and adjudged in the Tucker County Magistrate Court:
- State of West Virginia verses Rodney Dean Pifer, Parsons, received judgment of guilty-plea agreement for one count improper use of evidences of registration which occurred on Dec. 29, 2017. He was assessed fines of $4.75 and court cost of $165.25. This case was heard on April 27 by Magistrate Riley H. Barb.
- State of West Virginia verses Jessica Fay Michaletz, Elkins, received judgment of no contest plea for one count improper use of evidences of registration. She was assessed fines of $4.75 and court cost of $165.25. This case was heard on April 16 by Magistrate William M. Miller.