The first scheduled date for a performance at the Gandy Dancer Theatre is the Legends show on Friday evening at 6:00 p.m. on July 15, 2022. The price is $38 if you provide your own transportation and $45 if you ride the van. Please call and get your name on the list as soon as possible so we know exactly how many tickets we have to hold. We will begin collecting for the July show on June 9th.
The itinerary for the Lancaster trip July 19th and 20th is available now. Please make sure you open the envelope because there is a part to fill out for your meal choice on the way to Lancaster.
The trip to Stonewall Lake near Weston is August 23th. The boat trip is 2 hours and includes a taco bar lunch. The price will be $90. If you are interested, please let us know as soon as possible.
We have been notified that the Farmer Market Coupons will not be given to us until sometime in July. We will let you know when they have arrived.
June 20th is West Virginia Day. Here are some unusual facts about West Virginia!
- The first rural free mail delivery was started I Charles Town on October 6, 1896 and then spread throughout the United States.
- West Virginia was the first state to have a sales tax. It became effective July 1, 1921.
- West Virginia has a mean altitude of 1500 ft., giving it the highest average altitude east of the Mississippi.
- The 1500 block of Virginia St. in Charleston is considered the longest city block in the world.
- Declared a state by President Lincoln, West Virginia is the only state to be designated by Presidential Proclamation.
- Stone that was quarried near Hinton was contributed by West Virginia for the Washington Monument and arrived in Washington if February 1885.
- West Virginia University was established on February7, 1867 under the name of “Agricultural College of West Virginia.”
- The first brick street in the world was laid in Charleston, West Virginia, on October 23, 1870, on Summers Street between Kanawha and Virginia Streets.
HAPPY 159TH BIRTHDAY WEST VIRGINIA
Leave a Reply