The following citations have been recorded in the Tucker County Magistrate office:
- Joshua P. Hartman, Moorefield, was cited for failure to maintain control by Cpl. J.E. Kopec. He pled np contest and was assessed fines of $4.75 and court cost of $165.25.
- Hayes W. Perkins, Buckhannon, was cited for expired MVI by Cpl. D.W. Burge. He pled guilty and was assessed fines of $4.75 and court cost of $165.25.
- Brian A. Craft, Davis, was cited for simple possession by Sgt. C.D. Siler. He pled no contest and was assessed fines of $50 and court cost of $165.25.
- Robert N. Allen, Inwood, was cited for no seatbelt by Cpl. D.W. Burge. He was assessed fines of $25.
- Lisa A. Kovatch, Harpers Ferry, was cited for no insurance by Cpl. D.W. Burge. The charge was dismissed with proof shown.
The following criminal complaints have been filed in the Tucker County Magistrate Court:
- Joshua Jessie White, Kerens, was charged with one felony count of Receiving/Transferring Stolen Property. According to the complaint on Tuesday, April 3 Chief Deputy C.R. Donelson of the Tucker County Sheriff’s office, along with members of the Preston County Sheriff’s office, went to the residence of the defendant concerning a previously recovered UTV that the Prestons County Sheriff’s office was investigating. Upon arrival deputies knocked on the door of the residence whereas no one answered and observed a Polaris RZR 900 adjacent to the residence in the yard. This vehicle matched the description of a stolen UTV. Upon further investigation it was revealed that the Polaris RZR was stolen out of Taylor County on Nov. 26, 2017. The Polaris RZR was then seized and secured. A cash bond of $10,000 was not posted and a preliminary hearing was scheduled for April 10 at 10:30 a.m. before Magistrate William M. Miller.
- James Payden Michael, Parsons, was charged with Aggravated DUI Second Offense. The complaint states that on Thursday, March 29 Sgt. C.D. Siler received a call from Tucker County 911 of a reported DUI driver who struck the embankment on US219 south of Parsons while traveling north. Parsons City Police Chief, W.D. Rowe located the vehicle just north of Parsons on WV72. Siler responded to the location and found the driver behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition. The driver was identified as the defendant by his WV driver’s license. Siler asked the defendant to exit the vehicle at which time he smelled alcohol on his breath. He stumbled out and had to use the vehicle for support. His speech was slurred and he was asked to perform three field sobriety tests, which he failed. Siler asked to perform a preliminary breath test which the defendant agreed. The PBT showed a BAC of .245. He was placed under arrest and transported to the Parsons Police Detachment to administer the Intox EC/IR-II. The second breath test showed a BAC of .253. Siler learned that he was convicted of a First offense Aggravated DUI on Nov. 30, 2017 and his license had been revoked for DUI with an effective date of Sept. 5, 2017.
The following cases have been ordered and adjudged in the Tucker County Magistrate Court:
- Brown verses Coleman Castells: The court found in favor of Margaret Brown against Sheila Ann Coleman Castells in the amount of $443.76 plus $75 court cost. This case was heard on April 3 by Magistrate Riley H. Barb.
- Canaan Village verses Bohon: The court found in favor of Canaan Village against James Alan and Patricia Leabeth Bohon in the amount of $1,600.08 plus $120 court cost. This case was heard on March 29 by Magistrate William M. Miller.