The Tucker County Solid Waste Authority has established the first Thursday of each month as free disposal day. If the first Thursday falls on a holiday, the following Thursday is designated as free day. Any person who is not a resident of West Virginia may only participate in the monthly free day upon proof that his or her state of residence would likewise allow West Virginia residents to dispose of residential solid waste in the same or substantially similar manner.
The schedule for 2020 is as follows:
January 2 April 2 July 2 October 1
February 6 May 7 August 6 November 5
March 5 June 4 September 3 December 3
HOURS: 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Please note that closing time is 4:00 p.m. Allow adequate time to be unloaded by 4:00 p.m.
- UP TO ONE (1) PICK-UP TRUCK LOAD OR ITS EQUIVALENT PER HOUSEHOLD OF HOUSEHOLD RESIDENTIAL WASTE WILL BE FREE OF ALL CHARGES AND FEES (MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF 516 POUNDS). All loads over 516 pounds will be subject to the Landfill regular gate rate. All loads are subject to random screening and weighing. No preferential treatment will be given to either paying or non-paying customers on free day. Free day is only available to persons not in the business of hauling or disposing of solid waste.
- WE ACCEPT COMPUTER MONITOR OR TELEVISION no charge.
- NO DEBRIS (Lumber, Dry wall, Paneling, Roof Shingles, Fencing, Yard Waste, etc.). Only household residential waste is free of charges. Cost for disposal of debris is $43.00/ton.
- NO CHEMICALS, BATTERIES, or FREE FLOWING LIQUIDS including, but not limited to oil, paint, gas, and fuel oil. Paint cans must be empty, or paint dried out with lids removed.
- NO APPLIANCES ACCEPTED CONTAINING FREON. Customers must provide proof of Freon removal for the appliance to be accepted by the Landfill. All appliances will be accepted with the Freon removed (refrigerators, freezers, etc.) or that has no Freon (sinks, stoves, hot water heaters, microwaves, dish washers, washing machines, dryers, etc.).
- NO SCAVENGING. Scavenging is prohibited by law and will be strictly enforced.
- DEBRIS MUST BE CONTAINED. Residential solid waste is not required to be bagged. However, all loads must be secured by a tarp or covering in a manner to prevent windblown material. Unsecured loads will not be permitted to dump.
- ALL LOADS ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION.
- TIRE DISPOSAL FEES. First ten (10) Tires are free per driver’s license, after that tires are priced as follows:
Passenger Tires $2.00 Truck Tires $5.00
Passenger Tires on Rim $2.50 Truck Tires on Rim $6.00
THE TUCKER COUNTY SOLID WASTE AUTHORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS OR DAMAGES. SHOULD YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, CONTACT THE LANDFILL AT 304-259-4867.