By Teri Cayton
The Parsons Advocate
I just don’t understand how people can be so unaffected by what is going on in the world. I see whole families walking around without masks and I have to wonder why the parents do not want to protect their children. I am sure it is hard to make a child understand why they need them but, Momma Said, “It is better to be safe than sorry.”
Things are starting to reopen and I see stories on TV about beaches being packed. I have to wonder if that trip to the beach is worth risking your life for. It is not worth it to me just to get out of the house. A blow-up pool in the backyard and the garden hose is all you need to get wet.
This is not teaching a thing to our children. Someone must show them the right path to take and this is not it. We are in virgin territory now and not really sure how our future is going to work out. This is history in the making and not a thing to fall back on as to how to proceed. I am not going to risk my future just to get a little sand in my underwear.
The beaches opened up and the virus took an upswing all across the country. I saw pictures on the news that the entire bottom half of the US is once again active for the virus as bad as the first time around. I hope people wise up and see what is happening. If we can’t get ahead of this it is going to be devastating to the population. The talking heads are projecting another 100,000 deaths in the US alone by the end of the year. Momma Said, “Head for the Hills! but that is where I live, so don’t do that.”
Unbelievable 5 Minute Pie
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- One cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- One cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 1/2 cup whipped topping
- Mix together your coconut, crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, pecans, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and maraschino cherries juice in a bowl.
- Start to gently fold in the whipped topping and then pour the entire mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Top with additional whipped topping and cherries if desired. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or leave it overnight.