This is a photo of the First Baptist Church from 1956. Lightning struck and damaged this steeple once during a storm. The steeple was rebuilt by Willard Stevens of Stevens Construction Company. The bell was given to the church by John D Rockefeller in 1906. The belfry was repaired by Rev. Paul Bell in 1950. The church celebrated its Golden Jubilee August 15-19, 1956. Ideas, comments, suggestions, or photos to share contact Tim Turner (304) 478-3389.